A History of DeGoler Pharmacy
In the early 1900s, Kansas City native Harvey V. DeGoler was a boy lighting gas lamps and selling newspapers outside the drug store at Sixth and Minnesota. Inside, the soda fountain booths played host to leaders in local politics discussing and debating the issues of the day. By 1928, they were buying their coffee from Harvey, who had moved inside and become owner of the corner drug store.
DeGoler Pharmacy has successfully operated multiple stores for more than 85 years. Harvey’s son Jim took over in 1956, followed by Glenn Harte in 2001. Glenn worked for Jim as a technician in the mid-90s, and he purchased the company after his graduation from the UMKC School of Pharmacy. Under Glenn, the company has expanded to encompass six retail locations across the Kansas City area, as well as DeGoler Care Midwest, a long-term care pharmacy.
Gone are the soda fountains, cigar sales and cosmetics counters, making way for the latest innovations in prescription services. What hasn’t disappeared is the caring, personalized service instilled in the DeGoler lineage by Harvey himself. Our staff are part of a tight-knit family serving customers of all ages. This sense of community means our stores are home to dedicated workers unmatched in the Kansas City area, making DeGoler Pharmacies truly The Wise Choice.